Wednesday 11 December 2013

Whistler training camp

World Cup season started off down in lillehammer, Norway last weekend. I personally did not have a great start, I think this time my nerves took over and I wasnt able to give my best performance. But that is now done and I have learned my lesson from that.

The day after we came home from Norway we flew down to Vancouver to get some quality training in at the Whistler Olympic Park. 

First day this morning jumping and WOW the hill is in perfect condition! nice ice tracks, dead wind, nicely groomed landing hill. Could not have made it any better and I would just like to thank all the hill workers and volunteers that made this happen for us! THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

The best part is we (myself, Alexandra, Taylor) just the 3 of us get this facility all to ourselves this week!! how awesome is that!? 
we have amazing people helping us to prepare for the Sochi Olympics and I think this week will definetly help us out in the long run seeing that we can take as many jumps as we want and we dont have to wait around for other jumpers because the hill is just for the 3of us here.

This morning my jumping actually went pretty good! The technique is getting there I just need to find a way to use my legs more so I can get a better effect off the take-off. 






Well I am off to the gym now for some weight training! will keep in touch :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment